HYDRO Nepal is published twice in a year in January and July.
We publish full length professional and review articles, research papers, and opinion pieces. Deadlines for manuscripts are May 15 for July issue and and November 15 for January issue, respectively.
We also publish shorter items, such as project updates, news and announcements. Deadlines for short items are May 31 for July issue and November 30 for January issue, respectively.
Submit all materials for initial review (to determine if they are appropriate for the journal) to Ms. Jayanti Thapa, Editorial Officer at email@example.com
Principal Topics: Water Resources, Energy, Environment, Hydropower Development, etc.
- Professional articles – perspectives on current development; focused and original.
- Research papers - technical engineering, socio-economics, EIA and SIA, etc.; based on original research.
- Review articles – brief evaluation of books, websites or other media.
- Previews - descriptions of forthcoming books, film or other media.
- Editorial opinion pieces - on issues of public interest.
- Commentary and correspondence – informed commentary, response or rejoinder to an article, review papers, research papers or editorial opinion piece previously published in the journal.
- Project updates – information on projects in Nepal, South Asia, or elsewhere.
- Hydro and environment news updates - brief news clips on relevant subjects or events.
- Announcements - upcoming events and activities (including degree programs and special courses, training and workshops, conferences and seminars, books, articles and other media), each with relevant dates, venue and contact information.
Terms of Publication
• HYDRO Nepal accepts only original articles, research reports and review materials, previously unpublished. However, useful and important articles and research papers can be published with due permission from the publishers/ authors. No plagiarized or falsified materials accepted, and no author pseudonyms.
• Submit all materials in digital form as an email attachment, or on a CD, in MS Word. Please run a spell check and a virus scan prior to sending.
• Submit original graphics and illustrations (photographs) in *.jpg (jpeg) or *.tif (tiff) format, of the highest quality. Illustrations, if from another source, must be fully credited. It is the author’s responsibility to seek proper permission for use (where required) and send a signed permission notice to the Editors at the time of manuscript submission.
• Authors are welcome to suggest reviewers for their manuscripts.
• All decisions regarding the publication of manuscripts received are the sole responsibility of the Editorial Board. When appropriate, the Editors may consult outside experts.
• Read back issues of the journal to determine our readership and style.
• We reserve the right to edit for grammar, syntax, spelling, phraseology, length and, if there’s a problem, for accuracy.
• Use American Standard English spelling.
• Submit all articles in a 12-point standard font Times Roman (or 10-point for Arial), but do not indent or use special formatting or fonts for effect. We do the final formatting for publication.
• Send captions for all illustrations, and titles for all graphs and charts.
• Provide credits for all materials borrowed from other sources. Be absolutely sure of the correctness of your references (double check, please).
• Each article submitted must include (a) Abstract, (b) Key words, (c) Brief Biodata with the professional credentials of the author/s (degrees, related employment, membership on boards, etc.) and (d) Corresponding Address (author’s email).
• Each feature article must be submitted with an Abstract of 200 words or less, and a list of five or six Key words.
• Authors must provide a brief description of their background and expertise, with such information as relevant employment, membership in professional societies, degrees and prior publications, and email address (all within the manuscript).
• The essential elements of a feature article are (in this order): Title, Author, Abstract, Key words, Text, Author’s Background, Corresponding (email) Address, Notes, and References. (Some article may not have Notes or References, but the other elements are required).
• References must be cited using the following format: Author’s last name, first name (and/or initial), date, title, place of publication, publisher, volume number and page numbers. Check previous issues for examples. (Extended guidelines were published in HYDRO Nepal issue numbers 1 and 2. Website www.erg.com.np)
The corresponding author will receive complimentary copy of the journal. Be sure to include a postal mailing address in correspondence.